Engineered Hardwood Floors
Shopping for new flooring can feel overwhelming because of the many available options, and here at Cypress Hardwood, we will discuss your needs to help you make informed decisions.
Engineered hardwood flooring is a great option you can consider as this can last for many years and is less expensive than solid wood flooring. It’s also easier to install and is similar to solid hardwood, with the difference being in its construction. Engineered hardwood flooring is made in layers; the top and bottom are 100% wood, while the core is made with plywood. Different species of wood are used to make the planks, and the plywood used in the midsections consists of layers that are usually crisscrossed and bonded together.
Engineered hardwood is strong and durable because of its construction, so it is less likely to shift once installed, even when the weather changes. The layering also reduces the chances of the planks warping or getting damaged by moisture, so engineered hardwood is suitable for basements.
Why choose engineered hardwood flooring?
- Looks just like solid wood flooring. It is difficult to determine the difference between solid wood and engineered hardwood because they look the same. This means you will be able to get the look you’re after, and because engineered wood has a top layer of real hardwood, you will love its appearance!
- It’s affordable. One of the main reasons why so many homeowners gravitate towards engineered hardwood is because of its price point. This option is cheaper than solid hardwood, so you will spend a lot less without sacrificing quality, which is a huge advantage.
- Better resistance. This flooring will provide stability and resistance, so you won’t have to worry about moisture or temperature variations. The top layer is placed over a plywood base, creating additional strength and stability. This is why engineered hardwood flooring can be used in areas where significant temperature changes occur.
- It is easy to install. Engineered hardwood floors can be installed quickly and easily, and durable glue products will be used to set the flooring in place. This will allow the flooring to adhere to the surface of your home. Additionally, because this flooring is dimensionally stable, it can be nailed, screwed down or floated over an underlay.
- Variety. Engineered wood flooring is available in many wood species, colours, styles, finishes and plank widths and the top layer can be sanded and refinished when necessary.
If you are interested in engineered hardwood floors or require hardwood floor refinishing, we are ready to help. We are experts when it comes to hardwood flooring, and planks and our team will provide you with detailed information. We take pride in our work and will provide you with the highest quality engineered hardwood, so contact us today to learn more about our services!