How to Maintain your Hardwood Floors
TIPS FOR MAINTENANCE
SOME TIPS TO KEEP YOUR FLOOR BEAUTIFUL AND MAKE IT LAST.
UV Cured Urethane Oil – Vintage Prefinished Hardwood Floors
- Never clean your hardwood floor with a steam mop, water, or use a cleaner that is mixed with water. Do not use vinegar or bleach on your hardwood flooring.
- Keep floor mats at all entrance-ways to keep dirt and moisture from being tracked on your floor. Place walk off mats at all exterior entrances. This will capture much of the harmful dirt before it ever reaches the hardwood floor. Shake out, wash and vacuum mats and rugs frequently.
- To avoid water marks, never let spills of any type remain on the surface of the floor. Wipe up spills immediately.
- Rotate area rugs occasionally to minimize discoloration from sunlight.
- Use soft protectors under all furniture.
- Vacuum and sweep your floor as often as required to eliminate dust and debris from your floor. This may have to be done on a daily basis; depending on the amount of traffic in your home.
- When moving heavy furniture or appliances put a large heavy blanket underneath them to avoid scratches and dents.
- Do not wear high heels on your hardwood floor. Spiked shoes exert approximately 1000 pounds per square inch. Old, unprotected tips will dent any hardwood floor.
- Try to maintain an average humidity level of 45% in order to minimize the expansion and contraction in your floor.
- Use a recommended hardwood flooring cleaner. Vintage Hardwood Cleaner has been specially formulated to eliminate streaking and residue.